Local & Regional
Wed January 6, 2010
Utility Late Fees
Tulsa, OK –
1.5 % Late Fee on City Utility Bills
Takes Effect This Month
Beginning this month, January 2010, the City of Tulsa will assess a 1-1/2 % late fee on past-due balances on City utility bills for water, sewer, stormwater, refuse services and the Medical Service Program.
Customers can avoid late fees with timely payment of bills by the due date.
Although the new policy begins January 1, customers will not see it reflected until they receive bills for January service in February.
Neighboring cities charge late fees of up to 10 percent.
To help customers ensure timely payment, the City of Tulsa offers multiple methods for customers to use in making timely payment of utility bills.
* Automatic Bill Payment - It's free: One convenient option is direct payment of utility bills from bank accounts. There is no fee for this service.
* Pay Online: For a nominal fee, customers may also pay their bills online with a checking or savings account or with a credit card. The City's website is:
* Pay in-person at many locations: The City of Tulsa also has several convenient walk-in payment centers. A list of all payment options and locations can be found on the City's website.
* Mail-In: The traditional method of bill payment.
* By phone: Customers also can call Utilities Customer Service at (918) 596-9511 to make payments by phone.
Customers can also ask questions about service or payment options with service representative by calling the Customer Service number.